Passion is the fuel that ignites your soul. Throw a bucket of cold water on passion and it will turn to vapor before reaching its fire.
Passion is a commanding emotion. It’s a boundless enthusiasm of devotion to a cause, a tireless diligence, a compulsive interest marked by strong desire. One common denominator of successful people is that they are passionate. Passion moves people.Whether you are successful in giving a speech,writing an article, leading people or selling a product is directly related to your intensity of passion.
Passion has the power to move mountains. You can amplify your passion by implementing the same tools successful people apply. Practice these habits to ignite your personal passion:
1. Live the feeling that you are worthy of happiness and deserving of success.What’s preventing most people from enjoying a passionate life is that they feel unworthy; they feel undeserving. This attitude breeds and slowly begins to deteriorate your chances of experiencing more happiness and success. Note the feeling of passion that is associated with the experience, and relive it often.
2. Answer the passion question. If you could rub Aladdin’s Lamp what wish would you ask for? Successful people ask themselves: “What would I do if I knew I could not fail?” If you could have anything, be anything or do anything, what would it be? If you knew you could not fail what would you succeed at? Contemplate your answers and begin to think about and take action on realizing your aspirations.Remember, nothing is more invigorating than doing what you enjoy!
“A picture is an intermediate something between a thought and a thing.”
3. Use your mental imagery.Visualize your achievements. A great achiever will testify that habitually she saw her goal in her mind’s eye before accomplishing it. Let the images between your ears incite your passion. You can do this by programming your brain with visual imagery. Create a picture in your mind of you achieving your goal. Be specific.What does it look like? Who is there? What are you wearing? You can run your visual image before you retire at night, upon waking or whenever! The more you visualize it the more energy you will have to make it come true.
4. Ignore people who say it is impossible. Successful people don’t let others rain on their parade. Wilbur and Orville Wright decided to do what others thought impossible. Columbus was going to sail off the end of the earth. Flying in outer space used to be science fiction. The world is full of people who discourage possibility thinking. When someone tells you what you are doing is impossible use it to rouse your passion.
5. Select the right partner. All sorts of chaos and challenges arise when we develop relationships with people we should not have got involved with in the first place. One of the biggest decisions you’ll make in life is choosing the right partner: a person who does not stand between you and your goals but rather a person who supports you. It’s a good idea to share your personal life and business career with people who have similar goals and values. Develop a list of qualities you’d like to see in your partner. Then do your part to create the relationship.
“That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
6. Keep your eye on the prize. The fact is a rocket that makes it to the moon is off course the majority of the time. Base your decisions and actions on how they relate to the big picture. Don’t step over a dollar to pick up a dime. To get a perspective on this ask yourself this question the next time you need to make a decision: “In regards to my passion, how will this decision affect my life one, five, 10 or 20 years from now?”
7. Remove negative people from your life. Negative people can suck the life force right out of you. They require energy you could be using to passionately take action on your goals. Spend little or no time with these people unless you are willing to go down like the Titanic. There are plenty of passionate people out there in the world with whom you can have optimistic relationships.
8. Focus on your strengths. Focusing on your weakness can dissipate your energy. Each of us is born with a distinctive ability.What’s yours? Spend the majority of time doing what brings you enjoy. Delegate or outsource the things which give you less satisfaction. This enables you more time to what gives you the most pleasure. Action seems effortless when you engage in your strengths, and your performance is energizing and exhilarating.
You are capable of achieving whatever you want. But you must involve yourself! Re-ignite and re-kindle your passion. Choose at least one of these simple habits to brand a measurable difference in your passion echelon.
Best of success to you!